Students will learn about the genetic processes of selective breeding and hybridization with this lesson complete with three activities:
1. Pick Me! Pick Me! Hybrid Article Analysis:
Students will learn how hybrids have evolved (or NOT!) in nature to adapt to their surroundings and survive in this popular news article. Questions have been added to go along with the article so that students can apply their understanding of the information gathered. Internet access required for this portion of the lesson.
Includes link to article, brief notes covering hybrids covered in 5 PowerPoint slides and 3 pages of student handouts and answer keys.
2. Selective Breeding and Hybridization Sales Campaign Project - As a new employee of Selective Breeding and Hybridization Inc, your students will create an Ad Campaign for a new line of “hybridized” organisms.
3. Genetics Hybrid Animal Activity Hands-on Hybridization-Students create real hybrids in the classroom using the accompanying cards to determine the advantages and possible disadvantages of hybrid organisms.THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:Genetics Bundled Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Genetics: Selective Breeding and Hybridization Reading, Game and Project © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved