Review the concepts of observation and inference as students gather information about a scenario and then make personal inferences based on their observations in our Excavating Evidence Activity. Students draw individual and unique conclusions and then communicate their findings by creating a story or comic strip to explain their observations and inferences in detail. It's a great way to illustrate that even though we see the same evidence, we all arrive at different conclusions.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS LESSON:
* Engaging PowerPoint complete with instructions and example
* Pdf document in Interactive Notebook (INB) format - whole sheet folds in half to easily fit inside student notebooks
* Instructions on how to use our INB sheets.
THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
Life Science Big Bundle
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Scientific Method: Excavating Evidence © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 6 slides, 2
File Size: 7 MB