This hands-on genetic engineering activity will engage and excite your students as they create real hybrids in the classroom. After students have reviewed hybridization and selective breeding, students will use the cards to determine the advantages and possible disadvantages of hybrid organisms like the beefalo, grolar bear, mule, peppermint, loganberry, and more.
Using the guidelines, students complete the hybrid crosses using the mix-up cards for each match and fill in the graphic organizer for each union.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS 1-2 DAY LESSON:
* Activity includes 49 pages total, with teacher notes, student handout.
* 22 sets of organism cards make 11 total hybrids.
* Each set makes 8 total cards.
Please visit our blog for a tutorial on how to assemble these cards:Hybrid Matching Card: Assembly Tutorial
THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
Genetics Bundled Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Cell Organelles: Notes and Analogy Graphic Organizer © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved