Learn about food chains, food webs, and energy transfer through an ecosystem with this engaging hands-on ecology activity.
What students will do:
* Identify the various types of organisms including herbivore, carnivore, and omnivore
* Calculate the amount of energy transferred from organism to organism within an ecosystem of their choosing, and the various trophic levels of the energy pyramid.
* Create a stackable food chain to present in class using the accompanying template.
A teacher example is provided and can aid as a warm-up activity to familiarize students with the project and can also be used as a visual example of the project to help students make their own. This project can also be found in our Food Chains & Food Webs mini-bundle.
Use this lesson on its own or GO BIG and get it in our 6-7 week long Ecology Bundled Unit: PowerPoint and ALL Handouts a 4-5 week long unit is composed of 130+ slide PowerPoint and 40+ pages of handouts which includes all FOUR sections and the accompanying study guide:
1. What's in an Ecosystem- intro to Ecology
2. Food Chains & Food Webs
3. Interactions Among Living Things
4. Biomes of the World
5. Study Guide for Ecology Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Ecology Project: Energy Pyramid and Food Chain Activity © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved