Learn about the levels of organization and organelles of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells with our differentiated cell and cell organelle vocabulary lesson that includes a reading and PowerPoint.
The reading is the same for below and above level readers but offers questions that are differentiated. Students don't even need to know that they are receiving work that is different from their peers as they read about the various organelles of the cell and the levels of organization.
The Cell Organelle Differentiated Vocabulary Lessons are differentiated for:
* Below level readers: ESOL students or those that require scaffolding and support as the vocabulary terms are bold face in the reading and the questions are simplified with matching or recall activities.
* Above level readers: Honors, challenge or AP students as the vocabulary terms are not in bold, students use graphic organizers, make their own definitions, and answer extension questions which require inference skills.
We have vocabulary sheets for all biology/life science topics:
1. Scientific Method
3. Cell Processes
7. Human Body: Medical Prefixes and Suffixes
8. Ecology - a FREE vocabulary lesson that goes along with our Intro to Ecology mini-bundle.
Want them all? Save and buy the Life Science Vocabulary Bundle- ALL Units Differentiated for ALL Readers!
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Cell Organelles and Cell Processes Bundled Unit which covers cells and cell organelles, levels of organization, and cellular processes with 170+ PowerPoint slides and 90+ handouts!
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Cell Organelle Vocabulary Differentiated for ALL Readers © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 11 animated slides; 7
File Size: 5 MB