This differentiated graphic organizer includes BOTH INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK AND REGULARLY FORMATTED HANDOUTS and is an engaging tool to help students learn the organelles of Prokaryotic bacterial cells, and Eukaryotic animal and plant cells. A great activity to do as a class or independently- students will never forget the organelles of a cell!
This lesson is composed of a graphic organizer in two versions in each format:
* For struggling students, the graphic organizer is complete with organelle location, structure and function.
* For excelling students, the graphic organizer is blank, allowing students to fill in the information on their own or with the help of their teacher.
WHAT STUDENTS WILL DO:
* Students will either read about or provide information about which types of cells have these organelles, what the organelles do, and what the organelles are made of/look like.
* Students will either read about or provide a function for the organelles of the cell: cell membrane, cell wall, cytoplasm, nucleus, nucleolus, lysosome, golgi, endoplasmic reticulum, vacuole, mitochondria, chloroplast .
* All students draw a picture (and create an analogy) of the structure and function to help them remember the organelle and what it does.
* All students reflect on the importance of each organelle by describing what would happen to the cell if the organelle were missing.
* Extension questions follow the graphic organizer and help summarize cell organelles.
You can also buy this worksheet with an accompanying PowerPoint and the Interactive Notebook Cell Organelle Color-by-Number activity in our Interactive Notebook Cell Organelle PowerPoint, Analogy Graphic Organizer and Coloring Activity mini-bundle.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Cell Organelles & Processes Bundled Unit which covers cells and cell organelles, levels of organization, and cellular processes with 170+ PowerPoint slides and 90+ handouts!
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Cell Organelles Structure & Function Graphic Organizer © 2012 to present GETTING NERDY®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 12
File Size: 3 MB