Make a beast as you roll a die for predetermined traits - will mother nature prevail or will the adaptations you create survive in this evolution project all about mutation and adaptations.
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 1-2 DAY LESSON:
• 5 NON-EDITABLE PDF handouts with instructions and extension questions
• 2 Pages of student examples
• Learn about how mutation leads to the adaptation of organisms as they "build" a beast with predetermined traits they receive while rolling a die
• Complete extension questions that solidify concepts and ensure understanding of evolution
• Extend this activity by using the "Catastrophe" portion of the lesson
THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
• Evolution Unit Bundle
• Evolution - PowerPoint, Handouts, INB, Task Cards, Word Wall
• Life Science Biology Curriculum Bundle
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Evolution: Adaptations of Animals Project © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 7 handouts
File Size: 2 MB