Learn about Darwin's theory of evolution and how mutation, adaptation, and natural selection lead to survival of the fittest and ultimately evolution in this vocabulary lesson that includes a reading and PowerPoint.
The reading is the same for below and above level readers but offers questions that are differentiated. Students don't even need to know that they are receiving work that is different from their peers as they read about adaptation and evolution.
The Evolution Differentiated Vocabulary Lessons are differentiated for:
* Below level readers: ESOL students or those that require scaffolding and support as the vocabulary terms are bold face in the reading and the questions are simplified with matching or recall activities.
* Above level readers: Honors, challenge or AP students as the vocabulary terms are not in bold, students use graphic organizers, make their own definitions, and answer extension questions which require inference skills.
We have vocabulary sheets for all biology/life science topics:
1. Scientific Method
3. Cell Processes
7. Human Body: Medical Prefixes and Suffixes
8. Ecology - a FREE vocabulary lesson that goes along with our Intro to Ecology mini-bundle.
Want them all? Save and buy the Life Science Vocabulary Bundle- ALL Units Differentiated for ALL Readers!
THIS PRODUCTS IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
Evolution Bundled Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Evolution Vocabulary Differentiated for ALL Readers © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 5 not including key
File Size: 1 MB