This evolution adaptations lesson will engage students as they learn about mimicry, camouflage and the significance of the Industrial Revolution on the scientific understanding of evolution. Finish the lesson with a chameleon camouflaging activity that will have your students searching high and low for hiding organisms!
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 2-3 DAY LESSON:
• 26 EDITABLE PowerPoint slides with bellwork, instructions, notes and embedded answer key to handouts
• 3 NON-EDITABLE PDF handouts that align with the PowerPoint
• Learn about camouflaging coloration in organisms and how this type of adaptation can lead to survival and success in reproduction
• Explore the role of the Industrial Revolution in the evolution of the Peppered Moth
• Observe the different types of camouflage in action
• Demonstrate understanding of three types of camouflage as they try to conceal their own camouflaged chameleon in your classroom
THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:• Evolution Unit Bundle
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Evolution: Adaptations, Camouflage and Mimicry © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 26 Powerpoint slides and 3 handouts
File Size: 15 MB