Scientific Method Task Cards, Think Tickets or THINKETS, are an engaging way to get your students to be critical thinkers and inquirers in the Scientific Method Studies with questions about the steps of the scientific method, observation and inference, independent and dependent variables and controls, and experimental procedure.
Most of our task cards do not contain multiple choice or short answer questions. They require students to look at a topic in depth and can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to answer depending on the teacher's expectations.
These open-ended and inquiry based questions make for a great learning tool and help to create an engaging learning environment. Students may be asked to create a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast, draw an illustration and label important parts, write a letter to a famous scientist, research a current event, or even take a stance on a controversial topic.
Print them off in full size pages or in 1/4 size cards and laminate them for multiple uses, display them on your smart board, create a menu of task cards for students to choose from, post them throughout your room as a task card scavenger hunt, there are so many ways to incorporate them in your classroom.
- digital file for Google Classroom and ability to convert into Microsoft School
Thinkets can be used as:
* Centers or Stations
* Homework, Assessments
* Sponge or Warm-up
* Review before tests.
Imagine the many uses of Thinkets in your science classroom!
This product includes:
• TWENTY Thinkets in 1/4 page and full page sizes that question students about how to set up an experiment, dependent vs independent variables, controlled variables, SI units, developing hypotheses, observation vs. inference, and much more!
• Student friendly answer sheets
• Teacher key.
Use these Thinkets on their own or go big and buy Our Life Science Task Card Bundle which includes 132 Thinkets in 1/4 page and full page sizes that provide TWENTY open-ended and thought provoking questions about each of the following topics -
• Scientific Method
• Human Body
• Ecology AND
• 12 FREE Evolution cards
• Classification and Taxonomy Thinkets
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Scientific Method Think Tickets © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 28
File Size: 5 MB