Learn about the various biomes and ecosystems of the land (desert, arctic and alpine tundra, rainforest, temperate deciduous forest, prairie grassland, savanna, coniferous forest/taiga) and water (freshwater- wetlands, swamps, bogs, marshes, rivers and streams, lakes and ponds; marine- estuary, intertidal beach, coral reef, benthic zone, deep and open ocean). Students will take notes on the various biomes, draw pictures of the plants and animals that inhabit each biomes, and then watch relevant videos about environmental topics and answer questions or write a brief essay as an exit ticket. Included is a biome diorama project and two movie sheets perfect for this unit: Finding Nemo and Last Stand of the Great Bear.
Our Ecology PowerPoint lessons and handouts that are designed for a literal day-by-day instruction implementation. Or pick and choose the lessons you want to teach and apply to your own curriculum as you see fit
This 2-3 week long unit is composed of:
* 65+ slide PowerPoint presentation complete with title slides, objectives, bell work, fill in the blank notes, animations, and hyperlinks.
* 24 pages of student notes,diagrams + answer keys.
* Biome Diorama with a rubric.
* Last Stand of the Great Bear Documentary
* Finding Nemo Movie Questions
* Each group of biome notes (organized by climate/terrain) concludes with a relevant video that students must reflect on as their exit ticket.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 6-7 week long Ecology Bundled Unit: PowerPoint and ALL Handouts a 4-5 week long unit is composed of 130+ slide PowerPoint and 40+ pages of handouts which includes all FOUR sections and the accompanying study guide:
1. What's in an Ecosystem- intro to Ecology
2. Food Chains & Food Webs
3. Interactions Among Living Things
4. Biomes of the World
5. Study Guide for Ecology Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Ecology PowerPoint and Handouts: What's in an Ecosystem- Levels of Organization © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 69 PowerPoint Slides and 24 Handouts
File Size: 35 MB