**IF YOU ALREADY OWN OUR ECOLOGY POWERPOINT/HANDOUT CURRICULUM BUNDLE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM. PLEASE BE PATIENT AS WE ADD IT TO THE BUNDLE WHILE WE REVAMP THE ENTIRE CURRICULUM**
Biome in a bottle, ecosystem in an envelope, habitat in a handbag…what on earth? No seriously…what on EARTH are you going to create?! Think about where you live – the organisms that surround you and the environment they live in and get started on this interactive in-classroom habitat!
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 2 WEEK LESSON:
• 12 page NON-EDITABLE PDF handout with student and teacher directions
• Answer key
• Research local aquatic and terrestrial biomes and their characteristics.
• Choose a local aquatic/terrestrial biome and then research the requirements of the plants and organisms that live in those biomes.
• Create a closed or open local aquatic and terrestrial biome to see how living things within your area interact with one another and how materials are cycled within their ecosystem.
• Maintain their ecosystem over a number of weeks
• Measure changes in the ecosystem conditions over the weeks
• Answer extension questions
MATERIALS LIST (most items are student supplied):
- Newspaper or tablecloths for mess
- 1-2 CLEAR (not tinted) and clean two-liter bottles - labels removed
- 4 unbleached Coffee filters
- Thick absorbent string/yarn with a knot tied on one end
- Local plants (include roots), seedlings, and seeds
- Local water sample
- Local organisms – consumers/decomposers (land and water)
- Local soil samples of various kinds – clay, gravel, sand, etc.
- Abiotic components – wood, shells, etc
THIS PRODUCTS IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
Ecology Bundled Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Biome in a Bottle Ecosystem Model © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 12 pages
File Size: 2 MB