Engage students with a fun coloring lesson on the history of DNA's discovery, its nitrogen base structure, and its function in the cell's nucleus. Follow it up with our version of a DNA extraction lab!
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 2-3 DAY LESSON:
* Take brief notes about the founders of DNA’s structure
* Learn about base-pairing rules.
* Apply the base-pairing rules to their coloring sheet as they bring DNA to life.
* Complete our My Fruit is Alive DNA extraction lab
PRODUCT ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
Genetics Bundled Unit
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Genetics: DNA Notes and Extraction Lab © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 15 PowerPoint slides and 7 pages of handouts
File Size: 4 MB