In this classification and taxonomy lesson, individual students are assigned a letter and animal group as they work as a class to create an ABC book of unique animals covering a variety of animal phyla. They research their animal and create a page about the animal’s classification, habitat, eating and reproductive habits, all while focusing on specific adaptations of the animal that allow it to survive in its environment. This lesson can easily be adapted to small or large groups.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT:
* EDITABLE Student-friendly template to ensure formatting is consistent throughout the book.
* Extension questions which include classification and dichotomous key practice
* Student examples
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Classification & Taxonomy Project: Create a Book of Atypical Animals © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved