Students learn about cell organelle structure and function by creating an edible model of a plant or animal cell. It's great way to help your students to learn the organelles and one they'll never forget!
STUDENTS WILL DO:
* Choose a eukaryotic cell to create- plant or animal
* Make a blueprint, key, and labels to adorn their edible cell model
* Write a paper to cater to an audience of young children, explaining the structure, function, location and importance of each cell organelle, including the nucleus (including nuclear membrane and DNA), mitochondria, cell membrane, cytoplasm, endoplasmic reticulum, lysosome, vacuole, ribosome, Golgi bodies(Apparatus), and in the plant cell, the chloroplast and the cell wall.
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 1-2 DAY LESSON:
* PowerPoint that details the instructions and rubric. Many photographed examples of what TO do as well as what NOT to do to create the finished product.
* Handouts of the instructions and grading rubric
This lesson works great with our Cell Organelles: PowerPoint, Analogy Graphic Organizer and Cell Color-by-Numbermini-bundle.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Cell Organelles & Processes Bundled Unit which covers cells and cell organelles, levels of organization, and cellular processes with 170+ PowerPoint slides and 90+ handouts!
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Cell Organelles: Notes and Analogy Graphic Organizer © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 27 slides; 3 pages
File Size: 6 MB