A cat by any other name, could be a... lion? A tiger? A LIGER?!? In this lesson, stduents learn all about taxonomy, Carolus Linneaus and binomial nomenclature and use their skills of observation to name organism with the rules of binomial nomenclature.
WHAT'S INCLUDED in this 1-2 DAY LESSON:
• 16 EDITABLE PowerPoint Slides with bellwork, instructions, notes and embedded answer key to handouts
• 4 NON-EDITABLE PDF handouts with notes and extensions
• Take notes on the history of binomial nomenclature and how scientific names are written
• Practice naming organisms by observing their visible traits and using root words to identify those traits
THIS PRODUCT IS ALSO FOUND IN OUR:
• Classification of Living Things and Viruses
• Classification Curriculum - PowerPoint, Handouts, INB, Task Cards, Word Wall
• Life Science Biology Curriculum Bundle
SEE HOW THIS LESSON ALIGNS WITH THE NGSS, TEKS or GSE
Because we have created many of our own graphics or have purchased licenses to other graphics with permission, we cannot offer our resources in editable format unless otherwise stated.
All rights reserved by GETTING NERDY®️
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only
• Intended for classroom and personal use only
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view
Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license.
Classification: Binomial Nomenclature Activity © 2012 to present Getting Nerdy ®️ All Rights Reserved
Total Pages: 16 PowerPoint Slides and 4 Pages
File Size: 10 MB